A guide to our Research Themes and Projects
Research at 4CMR concerns understanding the dynamics of, and finding paths forward in reducing the risks of climate change and improving sustainability while allowing for global economic development. Our research activities are divided in six thematic groups, in each of which several researchers contribute. Our themes however overlap significantly, contributing to each other.
- Conservation, Development and Sustainable Land Use
- Law, policy and finance for sustainable land development
- Economics of Avoiding Climate Change
- E3ME: a macroeconometric model of the global economy
- Energy Systems Modelling
- ESM Research: the Future Technology Transformations (FTT) project
- Integrated Climate Impacts Assessment
- Assessing the impact of climate mitigation and adaptation policies using systems models
- Supply Chains and Input-Output Models for Decarbonisation
- Developing environmentally extended input-output models to assess greenhouse gas reduction across production layers and supply chains of the global economy.
- Vulnerability and Adaptation
- Identifying and reducing vulnerability of the built environment and economies to climate change at community, national and global scale